Tuesday, 4 December 2012

back in blighty

So here I am....

Sat in a starbucks about 2 minutes from Kings Cross St Pancras, London.

I'm back. Sorry for the lack of an update, it's been a tumultuous past few weeks living in Limbo land.

Just before I had left for Italy I wrote this on my facebook timeline....

I remember an old catholic joke about a man who spent his whole life going to a church every day and prayed to the statue of a great saint begging "please, please, please, let me win the lottery." 
Finally the exasperated statue comes to life and looks down at the begging man and says "my son, please, please, please, buy a ticket. 
So now I get the joke, and I bought a ticket......

So that ticket to me to Rome and more.

 Medically speaking Italy kicked my butt, I have to spent close to 200quid on anything mosquito related, to finally discover that i'm just pretty much allergic to the buggers.

Such is my perfectionism, I couldn't stand to think that i had failed.

Failed to snag me some kind of job that could sustain me in the surprisingly expensive city. But I console myself with the fact that half of italy can't get a job and if they can - they are paid peanuts for it.

Maybe I can give a fair evaluation on my time in Italy after some weeks of settling  back in London.

But there you have it. As a wise man once told me....looking back on the past is nice but really....you need to look forward to the future in order to change it and make it the best you can.

So I've landed back sans Sicilian into the craziest time of year - Christmas (yuck). He's staying a couple of days for an interview and then I will have to say goodbye as he coaches it back to Stansted and boards a plane to Roma.

And then I think my heart will literally.............break.


No comments:

Post a Comment